- Job Title: Receptionist / Order Entry
- Location: Southfield, MI
- Department: Chemical Management
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of Supply Chain
- Benefits: Full Benefits
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
The Receptionist/ Order Entry Representative is responsible for taking all customer orders and operation of the front desk.
- Receive all customer orders via fax, e-mail or phone and input orders into MAS.
- Send order confirmations and change requests to customers.
- Make changes to Purchase Orders and Sales Orders as requested by plant personnel.
- Track sales and send information to upper management, sales and plant staff daily.
- Work with plant to meet all customer needs for timely delivery of orders.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls.
- Take and relay messages to appropriate personnel.
- Provide information to callers.
- Greet visitors entering the office.
- Direct visitors to the correct destination.
- Deal with queries from the public and customers.
- Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of the organization.
- General administrative and clerical support.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Tidy and maintain reception area and all public office areas.
- Assist other staff with overflow work; including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks.
- Works effectively and maintains good working relationships with all levels of management, customers, suppliers and company personnel.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as administrative assistant or data entry clerk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to and meet strict deadlines.
- Attentive to detail, focused, thorough and accurate.
- Demonstrates flexibility and works well with others.
- Strong administrative and data management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and use of internet.